What is a Trench Drain? A trench drain is a floor drain with a long, linear shaped grate on top and a trough-like channel present underneath to collect the water. This type of drain is frequently used when installing barrier-free curbless showers and it is often installed at the shower entrance or along the wall […]
What is a Collapsible Water Dam? A collapsible water dam is a narrow, flexible strip of material that is applied along the outer edge of curbless showers to help keep the water inside and yet still allow someone using a wheeled device to easily enter and exit. (Note that these strips are sometimes referred to […]
“Is there a tub bench that fits a whirlpool or jacuzzi bathtub?” -Yes! If you have been struggling to find a bath bench to make it easier for you to get in and out of a whirlpool or jacuzzi-style bathtub, you have probably already come to the conclusion that there are very few, if any, […]
What is the best toilet for a wheelchair user? The answer to this will depend on the size of the bathroom, structure of the bathroom’s walls, type of wheelchair used, and physical needs of the individual. We have identified a list of the top six toilet types for wheelchair users and the benefits associated with […]
The size and shape of the toilet bowl (and corresponding toilet seat) plays an important role not only in your comfort, but also in the usable clear floor space in the bathroom. the availability of accessory equipment. the availability of replacement parts. Below you will learn about typical toilet bowl sizes and shapes and why […]
What is a bidet? A bidet is a bathroom fixture used for cleansing the genitals and perineal area after using the toilet and for cleansing the genitals before and after sex. Evolution of Bidets The bidet has evolved over the years from being a standalone basin-like fixture that resided near the toilet, to being a […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sondra Maze Ladd says: Thank you so much for sharing this information! We have been...
- says: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with...
- Allen McCready says: Bathrooms above other water damageable rooms, particularly in multiple floor/unit buildings...
- Diane M Feldkamp says: Another suggestion. Put a lock key box out in front of...
- Susan says: We had a guy who talked us into a tub. So...
Getting up after a Fall!