What is a Bathtub Bench? A bathtub bench is a type of bath seat that is wide enough to extend to, or over, the bathtub wall. It functions to give users a place to rest while bathing and helps to make getting in and out of the bathtub easier and safer (aka bath bench, bathtub […]
What is an Accessible Shower? An “accessible” shower is one that’s user-friendly and optimized with design elements that readily work for everyone. It should… be easy to enter and exit for all users alike, from those who can walk easily to those who rely on a wheeled mobility device. be designed so bathers can access […]
Shower curtains exist in a variety of sizes, colors, and materials to fit all types of needs! If you are renovating your bathroom to make it more user-friendly for aging needs, or are trying to optimize the bathtub or shower space for someone using a walker or wheelchair, it is likely you will find it […]
Are you on a quest to find the optimal shower rod? If you are renovating your bathroom to make it more user-friendly for aging needs or trying to optimize the bathtub or shower space for someone using a walker or wheelchair, you might find it is necessary to replace the current shower rod with a […]
Wall, floor, and ceiling mounted bath lifts (aka bath hoists) are all designed to mechanically assist you with getting into and out of the tub. They are powered by either rechargeable batteries or electric power. At the mere push of a button, the lift acts to lower you to the bottom of tub and, when […]
What is a Wall Mounted Bath Seat? As the name implies, a wall-mounted bath seat is a bath seat that is permanently fixed to the bathroom wall. All models are designed to provide a user with a place to sit while bathing. Some of the longer bench-style models can also be used to make the […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: The most appropriate device will depend on each user's unique set...
- Roger Dutton says: if the client is unattended (lives on their own) and unable...
- Sue says: Do not buy a walk in tub . There is nothing...
- Jane says: I have no problems with mobility, but was interested in a...
- John Waller says: i am now a fulltime caregiver since my Fiancee had a...
Getting up after a Fall!