My Toilet is Too Low! If you can’t get up from your toilet and you don’t want to buy a new toilet, one remedy to enhance the toilet seat height is to add a toilet elevator underneath your existing toilet. What Is a Toilet Elevator? A toilet elevator (aka toilet riser, toilet platform, toilet plinth, […]
Category: Buying Guides
Grab Bars Make the Bathroom Safer for Everyone! Older adults are not the only ones who need to worry about falling in the bathtub or shower. You might be surprised to learn that half of the emergency room visits due to fall-related injuries in the shower are from children. Whether young or old, having a […]
What is a Shower Stool? A shower stool (aka shower seat, bath seat or shower stool) consists of a water resistant, back-less bath seat with three or four legs extending down from below. Most have a slip-resistant seat and slip-resistant rubber stoppers or suction cup-style feet to prevent the stool from sliding. Shower stools give […]
The reasons to seek an accessible toilet can many, so in short – one type of toilet will not work for everyone. The features that can make a toilet accessible for different people may include: higher-than-average toilet seat height compatibility with other toilet equipment/accessories small footprint (requires less floor space) bidet features In order for […]
A Comfort Height Toilet and an ADA Height Toilet are defined as being toilets with a seat height of 17″-19″ measured from the floor to the top of the seat. Upon reading this definition you would logically be led to assume there are toilets available with a 19″ seat height. Finding one, however, is another […]
“Is there a tub bench that fits a clawfoot bathtub?” -Yes! Have you been struggling to find a bath bench to make it easier for you to get in and out of a clawfoot bathtub? If so, you have probably already come to the conclusion that there are very few, if any, bath seats available […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Hello! We are happy to learn you found the information beneficial.
- Deb says: Very good, informative article. My question is regarding the type of...
- Van Gilbert says: Thanks for the information on walk-in tubs . I was considering...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you very much for taking the time to share your...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you for sharing your experience with other readers. We are...
Getting up after a Fall!