I Can’t Stand Up From the Toilet! One remedy to help make it easier to transition on and off the toilet is to add toilet rails. What Are Toilet Rails? Toilet rails are rails that are installed on or around the toilet to provide added support when sitting down on or standing up from the […]
Category: Buying Guides
My Toilet is Too Low! If you can’t get up from your toilet and you don’t want to buy a new toilet, one remedy to enhance the toilet seat height is to add a toilet elevator underneath your existing toilet. What Is a Toilet Elevator? A toilet elevator (aka toilet riser, toilet platform, toilet plinth, […]
Grab Bars Make the Bathroom Safer for Everyone! Older adults are not the only ones who need to worry about falling in the bathtub or shower. You might be surprised to learn that half of the emergency room visits due to fall-related injuries in the shower are from children. Whether young or old, having a […]
What is a Shower Stool? A shower stool (aka shower seat, bath seat or shower stool) consists of a water resistant, back-less bath seat with three or four legs extending down from below. Most have a slip-resistant seat and slip-resistant rubber stoppers or suction cup-style feet to prevent the stool from sliding. Shower stools give […]
The reasons to seek an accessible toilet can be many, so in short – one type of toilet will not work for everyone. The features that can make a toilet accessible for different people may include: higher-than-average toilet seat height compatibility with other toilet equipment/accessories small footprint (requires less floor space) bidet features In order […]
A Comfort Height Toilet and an ADA Height Toilet are defined as being toilets with a seat height of 17″-19″ measured from the floor to the top of the seat. Upon reading this definition you would logically be led to assume there are toilets available with a 19″ seat height. Finding one, however, is another […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Jong S Rho says: Adding my own 2 cents. I would advise against a...
- Rhonda says: Hello! You're comment was flagged as being Spam by Akismet. I...
- Rhonda says: Hello! We are sorry — it appears that you unfortunately did...
- Prudy says: made the bigest mistake when I bought a Walk -in Bath...
- Donnie says: I’m so glad I came across this information before I decided...
Getting up after a Fall!