What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board (aka tub board, bath board,shower board) is a board designed to rest across the top of the bathtub walls. It serves two purposes: Seat: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. Bridge: It effectively creates a bridge between the inside and outside of […]
Category: Buying Guides
Showers with little or no threshold present at the entrance are trending now. Not only do they look modern and sleek, but they are also functionally versatile, providing safer and easier access by persons of all ages and abilities. Curbless and low threshold showers come in two forms: custom-built and prefabricated models. In the guide […]
Walk-in tubs – that is, tubs with a step-through door located in the side-wall and an integrated seat inside – are being aggressively marketed to seniors and persons with disabilities. There is often a stark contrast, however, between the dream of owning a walk-in tub and the reality of doing so. The Dream You might […]
Are you trying to tackle the problem of getting into and out of your bathtub more easily & safely? Product designers have devised a wide variety of creative equipment solutions to help you do just that. This article presents an overview of the different categories of bathtub transfer equipment solutions available. For each category we […]
“Help! I can’t get up from the bottom of my tub. Is there something available that can help make it easier?” – Yes! If you have foregone a bath because you struggle to get up and down from the bottom of the bathtub, but you still long to enjoy the soothing benefits of soaking in […]
Darn! – One minute you were on your feet, and the next you are staring up at the ceiling. You have done a quick check and all body parts seem to be moving and working fine. Since there’s no injury, you are hoping to avoid calling 911, but you can’t figure out how to get […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower home ability homeability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Alan says: Rhonda, thank you for your reply. You offer a great service...
- Rhonda says: Firstly, THANK YOU for your military service! I can see from...
- Alan says: Rhonda, I have read your misconceptions and you really do paint...
- Cathy Nichelini-Jones says: Great idea & not too expensive! I’m going to buy a...
- Rhonda says: We are sorry you are stuck with a tub you hate!...
Getting up after a Fall!