What is an Accessible Bathroom? Accessible Bathrooms promote ease of entry, exit, and performance of vital daily tasks by people of all ages and ability levels – up to and including bathroom users who rely on walkers or wheelchairs for mobility. Creating a bathroom that can be accessed by everyone is achieved through a carefully […]
Category: Stay Home?
If your home is riddled with stairs, sunken rooms, narrow doorways, tiny bathrooms and other pesky physical barriers prone to making life difficult on you when you get older- it’s not too late. There are ample remedies available in the form of equipment and home modification solutions to help you continue living comfortably and independently […]
The cost structure, rules and guidelines vary significantly among Assisted Living Facilities so it’s important to ask lots of questions before selecting one and signing a contract. It is also important to understand that your needs will typically increase with age, so be sure to ask about additional costs for services such as bathing, dressing, […]
Are you wondering whether it is possible to stay in your own home or whether it would be more appropriate to move to an Assisted Living Facility? Many of us will find ourselves confronted with this question when experiencing limitations to our abilities due to age, illness or injury. Such limitations may make it challenging to […]
Does it make more financial sense to live at home or to move to an assisted living facility? For each person, the answer to this question will be different. The right answer for you will depend on many factors, including your personal abilities, the home’s architectural barriers, the size and condition of your home, and […]
A selection of careful, targeted investments in making your home ergonomic, user-friendly and prepared for ‘Aging in Place’ are arguably as important for your future independence as putting away money into retirement funds. According to a study performed by the AARP, the majority of people desire to age in their own homes, but unfortunately only […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Your welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share your...
- Alice Murphy says: Thank you so much for this very well written and informative...
- RUBY CARMAN says: I really enjoyed looking at your info glad i was only...
- Rhonda says: If you plan to remodel the bathroom or replace an existing...
- Phil Hurst says: Have handicap adult daughter. Would appreciate further knowledge of equipment to...
Getting up after a Fall!