A Comfort Height Toilet and an ADA Height Toilet are defined as being toilets with a seat height of 17″-19″ measured from the floor to the top of the seat. Upon reading this definition you would logically be led to assume there are toilets available with a 19″ seat height. Finding one, however, is another […]
What is the best toilet for a wheelchair user? The answer to this will depend on the size of the bathroom, structure of the bathroom’s walls, type of wheelchair used, and physical needs of the individual. We have identified a list of the top six toilet types for wheelchair users and the benefits associated with […]
The size and shape of the toilet bowl (and corresponding toilet seat) plays an important role not only in your comfort, but also in the usable clear floor space in the bathroom. the availability of accessory equipment. the availability of replacement parts. Below you will learn about typical toilet bowl sizes and shapes and why […]
What is a bidet? A bidet is a bathroom fixture used for cleansing the genitals and perineal area after using the toilet and for cleansing the genitals before and after sex. Evolution of Bidets The bidet has evolved over the years from being a standalone basin-like fixture that resided near the toilet, to being a […]
“My Toilet’s Too Low!” If you have been finding yourself struggling to ‘get off the pot‘, there are a number of things you can do to make this task easier. Following are ten remedies that can make it easier for you to get up from the toilet independently, ranging from simply adding equipment to your […]
We all treasure being able to perform our toileting routine independently. If a disability prevents you from gripping the toilet paper or reaching down to wipe yourself, it’s understandable that you’ll be anxiously seeking solutions to help regain these abilities. The good news is there are a number of great equipment options available today that […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sue says: Do not buy a walk in tub . There is nothing...
- Jane says: I have no problems with mobility, but was interested in a...
- John Waller says: i am now a fulltime caregiver since my Fiancee had a...
- JaIalmes says: I have considered a walk in tubs for theropudic reasons and...
- mommy says: THANK YOU ! for giving this common sense, in-depth advisement ..
Getting up after a Fall!