We all treasure being able to perform our toileting routine independently. If a disability prevents you from gripping the toilet paper or reaching down to wipe yourself, it’s understandable that you’ll be anxiously seeking solutions to help regain these abilities. The good news is there are a number of great equipment options available today that […]
If you’re in the market for a new toilet and are wondering how to pick the right height for it, this guide will help you make a good choice for yourself and your household. In general, the goal is to select a toilet with a height that allows you to: easily sit down and stand […]
The reasons a person may have difficulty using the toilet can be many. Thankfully, inventors have come up with an abundance of great solutions to help with everything from getting on and off the toilet, to increased comfort while seated on the toilet, to assistance with hygiene after using the toilet. If you are seeking […]
What is a Bathtub Bench? A bathtub bench is a type of bath seat that is wide enough to extend to, or over, the bathtub wall. It functions to give users a place to rest while bathing and helps to make getting in and out of the bathtub easier and safer (aka bath bench, bathtub […]
What is an Accessible Shower? An “accessible” shower is one that’s user-friendly and optimized with design elements that readily work for everyone. It should… be easy to enter and exit for all users alike, from those who can walk easily to those who rely on a wheeled mobility device. be designed so bathers can access […]
Shower curtains exist in a variety of sizes, colors, and materials to fit all types of needs! If you are renovating your bathroom to make it more user-friendly for aging needs, or are trying to optimize the bathtub or shower space for someone using a walker or wheelchair, it is likely you will find it […]
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- What are the Advantages of a Roll In Shower vs Walk-In Tubs? says: […] door and exit. That’s not exactly a comfortable situation. Occupational...
- Glenn Sammons says: Thanks for all the information I think you saved me...
- Rhonda says: Hello! I'm not aware of a 2 legged bath lift. There...
- Rhonda says: Hello! Homeability.com is an informational resource only. Homeability does not sell...
- Karen Behn says: Hello I saw one— and one only ( and now I...
Getting up after a Fall!