Are you on a quest to find the optimal shower rod? If you are renovating your bathroom to make it more user-friendly for aging needs or trying to optimize the bathtub or shower space for someone using a walker or wheelchair, you might find it is necessary to replace the current shower rod with a […]
Wall, floor, and ceiling mounted bath lifts (aka bath hoists) are all designed to mechanically assist you with getting into and out of the tub. They are powered by either rechargeable batteries or electric power. At the mere push of a button, the lift acts to lower you to the bottom of tub and, when […]
What is a Wall Mounted Bath Seat? As the name implies, a wall-mounted bath seat is a bath seat that is permanently fixed to the bathroom wall. All models are designed to provide a user with a place to sit while bathing. Some of the longer bench-style models can also be used to make the […]
What is a Walk-In Bathtub? A Walk-in tub is a bathtub designed to make taking a soaking bath easier for persons who have trouble stepping over the wall of a standard bathtub and/or persons who experience difficulty getting up from the floor of a standard bathtub. All Walk-in Tub models have a door located in […]
What is a Handheld Showerhead? A handheld showerhead (aka Adjustable Shower Head or Shower Spray Unit) consists of a long, flexible hose with a showerhead attached at one end. The other end is attached to a nearby water outlet, which can include the water supply for a standard showerhead, the tub spout, or a sink […]
Did you know it is possible to have an opening cut in the front wall of your bathtub and convert your existing tub into a walk-in shower? It is and the technique to do so is called a “Tub Cut” (aka Tub Conversion, Bathtub Cut-Out, & Step Through Insert). How Does a Tub Cut Work? […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Kathy Sawyer says: Thanks for this article. My husband is falling more and though...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you very much for taking the time to share your...
- Karen Kelley says: Thanks for the Information on walk-in tubs. Your comments encouraged me...
- Milton K. Beer says: I have a walkin tub that was in the house when...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: There are a few tubs available with standard-height tub walls, that...
Getting up after a Fall!