Are you on a quest to find the optimal shower rod? If you are renovating your bathroom to make it more user-friendly for aging needs or trying to optimize the bathtub or shower space for someone using a walker or wheelchair, you might find it is necessary to replace the current shower rod with a […]
Wall, floor, and ceiling mounted bath lifts (aka bath hoists) are all designed to mechanically assist you with getting into and out of the tub. They are powered by either rechargeable batteries or electric power. At the mere push of a button, the lift acts to lower you to the bottom of tub and, when […]
What is a Wall Mounted Bath Seat? As the name implies, a wall-mounted bath seat is a bath seat that is permanently fixed to the bathroom wall. All models are designed to provide a user with a place to sit while bathing. Some of the longer bench-style models can also be used to make the […]
What is a Walk-In Bathtub? A Walk-in tub is a bathtub designed to make taking a soaking bath easier for persons who have trouble stepping over the wall of a standard bathtub and/or persons who experience difficulty getting up from the floor of a standard bathtub. All Walk-in Tub models have a door located in […]
What is a Handheld Showerhead? A handheld showerhead (aka Adjustable Shower Head or Shower Spray Unit) consists of a long, flexible hose with a showerhead attached at one end. The other end is attached to a nearby water outlet, which can include the water supply for a standard showerhead, the tub spout, or a sink […]
Did you know it is possible to have an opening cut in the front wall of your bathtub and convert your existing tub into a walk-in shower? It is and the technique to do so is called a “Tub Cut” (aka Tub Conversion & Bathtub Cut-Out). How Does a Tub Cut Work? A contractor uses […]
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- What are the Advantages of a Roll In Shower vs Walk-In Tubs? says: […] door and exit. That’s not exactly a comfortable situation. Occupational...
- Glenn Sammons says: Thanks for all the information I think you saved me...
- Rhonda says: Hello! I'm not aware of a 2 legged bath lift. There...
- Rhonda says: Hello! Homeability.com is an informational resource only. Homeability does not sell...
- Karen Behn says: Hello I saw one— and one only ( and now I...
Getting up after a Fall!