What is a Bathtub Chair? A bathtub chair (also known as a tub seat, tub chair, or bath chair) is a water-resistant chair, often made from plastic and/or metal, with a seat and a backrest similar in shape and size to a regular household chair. This type of equipment usually features a slip-resistant seat as […]
What is a Bathtub Stool? A bathtub stool (also known as a tub seat, bath stool, or tub stool) consists of a water resistant, back-less bath seat with three or four legs extending down from below. Most have a slip-resistant seat and slip-resistant rubber stoppers or suction cup-style feet to prevent the stool from sliding. […]
What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board (aka tub board, shower board or bath board) is a wood or plastic board that rests across the top of the bathtub walls. It serves two purposes: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. It effectively creates a bridge between the inside and […]
Easily accessible showers that have little or no threshold present at the entrance are trending now. Not only do they look modern and sleek when they are incorporated well into the designs, but they are also extremely versatile, allowing access by users of all ages and abilities. Easy access showers can come in two forms: […]
What is an Accessible Bathroom? Accessible Bathrooms promote ease of entry, exit, and performance of vital daily tasks by people of all ages and ability levels – up to and including bathroom users who rely on walkers or wheelchairs for mobility. Creating a bathroom that can be accessed by everyone is achieved through a carefully […]
Ample Clear Floor Space plays a vital role in achieving an effective, functional, accessible bathroom. In order for a person using a walker or wheelchair to successfully approach and use all the bathroom amenities (toilet, sink, shower, bathtub, closet, window controls, light switches, etc.), sufficient Clear Floor Space must be present: adjacent to each fixture/amenity […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you very much for taking the time to share your...
- Karen Kelley says: Thanks for the Information on walk-in tubs. Your comments encouraged me...
- Milton K. Beer says: I have a walkin tub that was in the house when...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: There are a few tubs available with standard-height tub walls, that...
- bill west says: Are there any walking tubs available with regular tub high walls,...
Getting up after a Fall!