Wall, floor, and ceiling mounted bath lifts (aka bath hoists) are all designed to mechanically assist you with getting into and out of the tub. They are powered by either rechargeable batteries or electric power. At the mere push of a button, the lift acts to lower you to the bottom of tub and, when […]
What is a Wall Mounted Bath Seat? As the name implies, a wall-mounted bath seat is a bath seat that is permanently fixed to the bathroom wall. All models are designed to provide a user with a place to sit while bathing. Some of the longer bench-style models can also be used to make the […]
What is a Walk-In Bathtub? Walk-in tubs are a bathtub that has a door located in the side wall, which allows a user to step in and out through the side of the tub. Most, but not all, Walk-in Tubs models have a molded seat inside, allowing a user to take a seated bath once […]
What is a Handheld Showerhead? A handheld showerhead (aka Adjustable Shower Head or Shower Spray Unit) consists of a long, flexible hose with a showerhead attached at one end. The other end is attached to a nearby water outlet, which can include the water supply for a standard showerhead, the tub spout, or a sink […]
Did you know it is possible to have an opening cut in the front wall of your bathtub and convert your existing tub into a walk-in shower? It is and the technique to do so is called a “Tub Cut” (aka Tub Conversion, Bathtub Cut-Out, & Step Through Insert). How Does a Tub Cut Work? […]
What is a Bathtub Chair? A bathtub chair (also known as a tub seat, tub chair, or bath chair) is a water-resistant chair, often made from plastic and/or metal, with a seat and a backrest similar in shape and size to a regular household chair. This type of equipment usually features a slip-resistant seat as […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sheila says: We purchased a walk in tub in 2018. It cost us...
- Dr HOWARD J KIRSCHNER says: I AM A 84 YEAR OLD PRACTICING DENTIST AND I HAVE...
- Dorothy Lamb says: I live ina Mobile Home Park for Seniors.. I have neighbors...
- Bill Alvarado says: I am 73 and i live alone in San Francisco in...
- Sondra Maze Ladd says: Thank you so much for sharing this information! We have been...
Getting up after a Fall!