What is a Bathtub Chair? A bathtub chair (also known as a tub seat, tub chair, or bath chair) is a water-resistant chair, often made from plastic and/or metal, with a seat and a backrest similar in shape and size to a regular household chair. This type of equipment usually features a slip-resistant seat as […]
What is a Bathtub Stool? A bathtub stool (also known as a tub seat, bath stool, or tub stool) consists of a water resistant, back-less bath seat with three or four legs extending down from below. Most have a slip-resistant seat and slip-resistant rubber stoppers or suction cup-style feet to prevent the stool from sliding. […]
What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board (aka tub board, shower board or bath board) is a wood or plastic board that rests across the top of the bathtub walls. It serves two purposes: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. It effectively creates a bridge between the inside and […]
Easily accessible showers that have little or no threshold present at the entrance are trending now. Not only do they look modern and sleek when they are incorporated well into the designs, but they are also extremely versatile, allowing access by users of all ages and abilities. Easy access showers can come in two forms: […]
Homeability.com is alarmed to see that an industry serving seniors and persons with disabilities is mired in scams and shady sales practices. Walk-in tubs – that is, tubs with a step-through door in the side-wall and an integrated seat inside – are aggressively marketed to seniors and persons with disabilities. Before we jump into exposing […]
What is an Accessible Bathroom? Accessible Bathrooms promote ease of entry, exit, and performance of vital daily tasks by people of all ages and ability levels – up to and including bathroom users who rely on walkers or wheelchairs for mobility. Creating a bathroom that can be accessed by everyone is achieved through a carefully […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- Rhonda says: You are sooooo very welcome! :-) I am very happy to...
- Rhonda says: You are welcome. We very much appreciate learning that the article...
- Rhonda says: You are welcome! Thank you very much for taking the time...
- Rhonda says: Your question brings up another good point in regards to walk-in...
- Elizabeth Lindou says: I am soooooooooo very happy I read your article before investing...
Getting up after a Fall!