What is a Bathtub Stool? A bathtub stool (also known as a tub seat, bath stool, or tub stool) consists of a water resistant, back-less bath seat with three or four legs extending down from below. Most have a slip-resistant seat and slip-resistant rubber stoppers or suction cup-style feet to prevent the stool from sliding. […]
What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board is a board designed to rest across the top of the bathtub walls (aka tub board, bath board,shower board). It serves two purposes: Seat: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. Bridge: It creates a bridge between the inside and outside of the […]
Showers with little or no threshold present at the entrance are trending now. Not only do they look modern and sleek, but they are also functionally versatile, providing safer and easier access by persons of all ages and abilities. Curbless and low threshold showers come in two forms: custom-built and prefabricated models. In the guide […]
What is an Accessible Bathroom? Accessible Bathrooms promote ease of entry, exit, and performance of vital daily tasks by people of all ages and ability levels – up to and including bathroom users who rely on walkers or wheelchairs for mobility. Creating a bathroom that can be accessed by everyone is achieved through a carefully […]
A vital key for achieving an effective, functional, accessible bathroom is ample Clear Floor Space. In order for a person using a walker or wheelchair to successfully approach and use all the bathroom amenities, sufficient Clear Floor Space must be present: adjacent to each fixture/amenity beside the door (“Door Clearance”) in the center of the […]
Help! I can’t get Up. What if you find yourself on the floor — unable to get up? This is a scary and dangerous predicament to find yourself in, especially if you live alone. Each passing hour spent on the floor, more and more problems begin to accrue caused by an inability to access water, […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sheila says: We purchased a walk in tub in 2018. It cost us...
- Dr HOWARD J KIRSCHNER says: I AM A 84 YEAR OLD PRACTICING DENTIST AND I HAVE...
- Dorothy Lamb says: I live ina Mobile Home Park for Seniors.. I have neighbors...
- Bill Alvarado says: I am 73 and i live alone in San Francisco in...
- Sondra Maze Ladd says: Thank you so much for sharing this information! We have been...
Getting up after a Fall!