What is a Walk-In Bathtub? A Walk-in tub is a bathtub designed to make taking a soaking bath easier for persons who have trouble stepping over the wall of a standard bathtub and/or persons who experience difficulty getting up from the floor of a standard bathtub. All Walk-in Tub models have a door located in […]
Tagged: bathtub for seniors
Walk-in tubs – that is, tubs with a step-through door located in the side-wall and an integrated seat inside – are being aggressively marketed to seniors and persons with disabilities. There is often a stark contrast, however, between the dream of owning a walk-in tub and the reality of doing so. The Dream You might […]
What is a Slide-in Bathtub? Slide-in tubs have high tub walls, a chair-height seat inside and a door in the sidewall. They are similar in many respects to Walk-in Tubs, however, there is one critical difference: The classic-style walk-in tubs have a high wall that block both sides of the seat, leaving users with only […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower home ability homeability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Rhonda says: We are sorry you are stuck with a tub you hate!...
- shelva says: Most expensive mistake I have ever made. I HATE IT!!!...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: There are not many options, but there are some. We have...
- Erin Marcello says: Looking for options that work with clawfoot bathtubs. Any ideas?
- Barbara Shackelford says: I am trying to consider anything which would make it easier...
Getting up after a Fall!