What are Bath Bench Leg Extensions? Bath bench leg extensions (aka tub bench leg extenders) are a part that gets attached to the bottom of a bath seat’s legs to further increase the height. Adding leg extensions to a bath bench is typically easy and tool-free. They are available in different lengths and can add […]
What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board is a board designed to rest across the top of the bathtub walls (aka tub board, bath board,shower board). It serves two purposes: Seat: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. Bridge: It creates a bridge between the inside and outside of the […]
Articles that discuss accessible home modifications are frequently accompanied by a list of “great resources to contact for home modification funding”, giving readers the optimistic sense that if they just invest a little time, there is a good chance they can get some financial assistance for making their home more accessible. Over the years we […]
Are you trying to tackle the problem of getting into and out of your bathtub more easily & safely? Product designers have devised a wide variety of creative equipment solutions to help you do just that. This article presents an overview of the different categories of bathtub transfer equipment solutions available. For each category we […]
Darn! – One minute you were on your feet, and the next you are staring up at the ceiling. You have done a quick check and all body parts seem to be moving and working fine. Since there’s no injury, you are hoping to avoid calling 911, but you can’t figure out how to get […]
If your home is riddled with stairs, sunken rooms, narrow doorways, tiny bathrooms and other pesky physical barriers prone to making life difficult on you when you get older — it’s not too late. There are ample remedies available in the form of equipment and home modification solutions to help you continue living comfortably and […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- David says: I never considered the 'enter - fill - use - drain'...
- Ernestine says: I'd like to second what was said above. I enjoy this. Shower...
- Cindy says: PS. to my post: Chronic progressive neuro behcet's, is a rare form...
- Cindy says: Thank you for your videos of "how to get up from...
- Rhonda says: Hello! You may want to try calling your local Planning &...
Getting up after a Fall!