Many people experience a fall and find themselves uncomfortably trapped on the floor for hours, and in some cases days, unable to get up. If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, there are a number of things you can do to help increase the chance of either getting yourself off the floor or alerting […]
Tagged: fall injury
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin Falls are a significant threat to safety, health and independence. More than a third of adults aged 65 years or older fall each year. Two-thirds of seniors who fall will fall again within 6 months [CDC]. Of those who fall, 20% to […]
“The best way to prevent a fall is to sit down as much as possible.” – Wrong!! When people are afraid of falling, the natural tendency is to try walking less. The assumption is that “if I am not moving, I will be safe.” The reality, however is that if you are spending the majority […]
There is a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents. Each year nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits are due to preventable injuries in the home. Recovering from […]
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- What are the Advantages of a Roll In Shower vs Walk-In Tubs? says: […] door and exit. That’s not exactly a comfortable situation. Occupational...
- Glenn Sammons says: Thanks for all the information I think you saved me...
- Rhonda says: Hello! I'm not aware of a 2 legged bath lift. There...
- Rhonda says: Hello! Homeability.com is an informational resource only. Homeability does not sell...
- Karen Behn says: Hello I saw one— and one only ( and now I...
Getting up after a Fall!