Many people experience a fall and find themselves uncomfortably trapped on the floor for hours, and in some cases days, unable to get up. If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, there are a number of things you can do to help increase the chance of either getting yourself off the floor or alerting […]
Tagged: fall prevention
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin Falls are a significant threat to safety, health and independence. More than a third of adults aged 65 years or older fall each year. Two-thirds of seniors who fall will fall again within 6 months [CDC]. Of those who fall, 20% to […]
There are a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents, as outlined in our article on Basic Safety Tips. Once basic safety steps have been implemented, further steps may need […]
Welcome to Homeability.com! Thank you for visiting this website. We look forward to helping you achieve a lifetime of independence – in your own home! Aging or living with a disability is by no means a walk in the park. A few lucky ones among us will live an entire life free of significant health […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: There are a few tubs available with standard-height tub walls, that...
- bill west says: Are there any walking tubs available with regular tub high walls,...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you in return for taking time to leave a comment.
- Pam says: Thank you so much for this information. My mom will be...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Your welcome. Thank you for taking the time to share your...
Getting up after a Fall!