Help. I can’t get Up! If you find yourself on the floor unable to get up, it can be a scary and dangerous situation to find yourself in. As a Rehabilitation Therapist, I have heard countless sad stories over the years from people who have spent hours or even days on the floor before a […]
Many people experience a fall and find themselves uncomfortably trapped on the floor for hours, and in some cases days, unable to get up. If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, there are a number of things you can do to help increase the chance of either getting yourself off the floor or alerting […]
Darn! – One minute you were on your feet, and the next you are staring up at the ceiling. You have done a quick check and all body parts seem to be moving and working fine. Since there’s no injury, you are hoping to avoid calling 911, but you can’t figure out how to get […]
“The best way to prevent a fall is to sit down as much as possible.” – Wrong!! When people are afraid of falling, the natural tendency is to try walking less. The assumption is that “if I am not moving, I will be safe.” The reality, however is that if you are spending the majority […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- Rhonda says: You are sooooo very welcome! :-) I am very happy to...
- Rhonda says: You are welcome. We very much appreciate learning that the article...
- Rhonda says: You are welcome! Thank you very much for taking the time...
- Rhonda says: Your question brings up another good point in regards to walk-in...
- Elizabeth Lindou says: I am soooooooooo very happy I read your article before investing...
Getting up after a Fall!