Grab Bars Make the Bathroom Safer for Everyone! Older adults are not the only ones who need to worry about falling in the bathtub or shower. You might be surprised to learn that half of the emergency room visits due to fall-related injuries in the shower are from children. Whether young or old, having a […]
Tagged: home ability
A Comfort Height Toilet and an ADA Height Toilet are defined as being toilets with a seat height of 17″-19″ measured from the floor to the top of the seat. Upon reading this definition you would logically be led to assume there are toilets available with a 19″ seat height. Finding one, however, is another […]
How does the water stay inside a curbless shower?” A commonly raised concern when installing a curbless, barrier-free shower stall is how to prevent the water from escaping the shower stall. This can be accomplished using one or more of the following strategies. 8 Ways to Contain the Water Inside a Curbless Shower Slope the […]
“Is there a tub bench that fits a clawfoot bathtub?” -Yes! Have you been struggling to find a bath bench to make it easier for you to get in and out of a clawfoot bathtub? If so, you have probably already come to the conclusion that there are very few, if any, bath seats available […]
What is a Collapsible Water Dam? A collapsible water dam is a narrow, flexible strip of material that is applied along the outer edge of curbless showers to help keep the water inside and yet still allow someone using a wheeled device to easily enter and exit. (Note that these strips are sometimes referred to […]
“Is there a tub bench that fits a whirlpool or jacuzzi bathtub?” -Yes! If you have been struggling to find a bath bench to make it easier for you to get in and out of a whirlpool or jacuzzi-style bathtub, you have probably already come to the conclusion that there are very few, if any, […]
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- Rhonda says: Hello! I'm not aware of a 2 legged bath lift. There...
- Rhonda says: Hello! Homeability.com is an informational resource only. Homeability does not sell...
- Karen Behn says: Hello I saw one— and one only ( and now I...
- Miriam Rodriguez says: I am in desperate need of a Sliding Shower Bathtub Transfer...
- M. says: You are so right about the tub not being as luxurious...
Getting up after a Fall!