“The best way to prevent a fall is to sit down as much as possible.” – Wrong!! When people are afraid of falling, the natural tendency is to try walking less. The assumption is that “if I am not moving, I will be safe.” The reality, however is that if you are spending the majority […]
Tagged: home ability
The cost structure, rules and guidelines vary significantly among Assisted Living Facilities so it’s important to ask lots of questions before selecting one and signing a contract. It is also important to understand that your needs will typically increase with age, so be sure to ask about additional costs for services such as bathing, dressing, […]
Engineers across the globe have put on their thinking caps and come up with an amazingly diverse array of bathtub solutions for individuals experiencing difficulty getting in and out of a standard bathtub. Thanks to the hard work of dozens of creative companies, the global market has been flooded with hundreds of different bathtub models […]
Are you wondering whether it is possible to stay in your own home or whether it would be more appropriate to move to an Assisted Living Facility? Many of us will find ourselves confronted with this question when experiencing limitations to our abilities due to age, illness or injury. Such limitations may make it challenging to […]
Does it make more financial sense to live at home or to move to an assisted living facility? For each person, the answer to this question will be different. The right answer for you will depend on many factors, including your personal abilities, the home’s architectural barriers, the size and condition of your home, and […]
A selection of careful, targeted investments in making your home ergonomic, user-friendly and prepared for ‘Aging in Place’ are arguably as important for your future independence as putting away money into retirement funds. According to a study performed by the AARP, the majority of people desire to age in their own homes, but unfortunately only […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sondra Maze Ladd says: Thank you so much for sharing this information! We have been...
- says: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with...
- Allen McCready says: Bathrooms above other water damageable rooms, particularly in multiple floor/unit buildings...
- Diane M Feldkamp says: Another suggestion. Put a lock key box out in front of...
- Susan says: We had a guy who talked us into a tub. So...
Getting up after a Fall!