Many people experience a fall and find themselves uncomfortably trapped on the floor for hours, and in some cases days, unable to get up. If you find yourself in this unfortunate predicament, there are a number of things you can do to help increase the chance of either getting yourself off the floor or alerting […]
Tagged: how to prevent falls
There are a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents, as outlined in our article on Basic Safety Tips. Once basic safety steps have been implemented, further steps may need […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: HOMEABILITY READERS BE AWARE: The comment above was Flagged as spam...
- Jeff says: I do not know why my reply was removed so I...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Hi Dave, You are always wise to maintain a healthy degree of...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: I've often wondered how well an air mattress would work for...
- Emma says: My mum has MS so has limited mobility when she has...
Getting up after a Fall!