A selection of careful, targeted investments in making your home ergonomic, user-friendly and prepared for ‘Aging in Place’ are arguably as important for your future independence as putting away money into retirement funds. According to a study performed by the AARP, the majority of people desire to age in their own homes, but unfortunately only […]
Tagged: make home safer for seniors
There is a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents. Each year nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits are due to preventable injuries in the home. Recovering from […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: The most appropriate device will depend on each user's unique set...
- Roger Dutton says: if the client is unattended (lives on their own) and unable...
- Sue says: Do not buy a walk in tub . There is nothing...
- Jane says: I have no problems with mobility, but was interested in a...
- John Waller says: i am now a fulltime caregiver since my Fiancee had a...
Getting up after a Fall!