Walk-in bathtubs are often advertised as an “amazing” product for seniors and people with disabilities, with the claim being that this type of bathtub will maximize your ability to bathe safely and independently. But will this bathing solution truly deliver all the safety, convenience, and comfort you desire? After all I’ve witnessed as an occupational […]
Tagged: senior citizens
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin Falls are a significant threat to safety, health and independence. More than a third of adults aged 65 years or older fall each year. Two-thirds of seniors who fall will fall again within 6 months [CDC]. Of those who fall, 20% to […]
“The best way to prevent a fall is to sit down as much as possible.” – Wrong!! When people are afraid of falling, the natural tendency is to try walking less. The assumption is that “if I am not moving, I will be safe.” The reality, however is that if you are spending the majority […]
The cost structure, rules and guidelines vary significantly among Assisted Living Facilities so it’s important to ask lots of questions before selecting one and signing a contract. It is also important to understand that your needs will typically increase with age, so be sure to ask about additional costs for services such as bathing, dressing, […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: The most appropriate device will depend on each user's unique set...
- Roger Dutton says: if the client is unattended (lives on their own) and unable...
- Sue says: Do not buy a walk in tub . There is nothing...
- Jane says: I have no problems with mobility, but was interested in a...
- John Waller says: i am now a fulltime caregiver since my Fiancee had a...
Getting up after a Fall!