What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board (aka tub board, shower board or bath board) is a wood or plastic board that rests across the top of the bathtub walls. It serves two purposes: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. It effectively creates a bridge between the inside and […]
Walk-in bathtubs are often advertised as an “amazing” product for seniors and people with disabilities; the claim being that this type of bathtub will maximize your ability to bathe safely and independently. But will this bathing solution truly deliver all the safety, convenience, and comfort you desire? After all I’ve witnessed as an occupational therapist […]
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin Falls are a significant threat to safety, health and independence. More than a third of adults aged 65 years or older fall each year. Two-thirds of seniors who fall will fall again within 6 months [CDC]. Of those who fall, 20% to […]
Darn! – One minute you were on your feet, and the next you are staring up at the ceiling. You have done a quick check and all body parts seem to be moving and working fine. Since there’s no injury, you are hoping to avoid calling 911, but you can’t figure out how to get […]
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- What are the Advantages of a Roll In Shower vs Walk-In Tubs? says: […] door and exit. That’s not exactly a comfortable situation. Occupational...
- Glenn Sammons says: Thanks for all the information I think you saved me...
- Rhonda says: Hello! I'm not aware of a 2 legged bath lift. There...
- Rhonda says: Hello! Homeability.com is an informational resource only. Homeability does not sell...
- Karen Behn says: Hello I saw one— and one only ( and now I...
Getting up after a Fall!