What Is A Bathtub Board? A bathtub board (aka tub board, bath board,shower board) is a board designed to rest across the top of the bathtub walls. It serves two purposes: Seat: It provides a convenient place to sit while performing bathing tasks. Bridge: It effectively creates a bridge between the inside and outside of […]
Walk-in bathtubs are often advertised as an “amazing” product for seniors and people with disabilities; the claim being that this type of bathtub will maximize your ability to bathe safely and independently. But will this bathing solution truly deliver all the safety, convenience, and comfort you desire? After all I’ve witnessed as an occupational therapist […]
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. – Benjamin Franklin Falls are a significant threat to safety, health and independence. More than a third of adults aged 65 years or older fall each year. Two-thirds of seniors who fall will fall again within 6 months [CDC]. Of those who fall, 20% to […]
Darn! – One minute you were on your feet, and the next you are staring up at the ceiling. You have done a quick check and all body parts seem to be moving and working fine. Since there’s no injury, you are hoping to avoid calling 911, but you can’t figure out how to get […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat tub with door in wall walk in tub walk in tub complaints
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: The personal experience you shared will help to open more people's...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thanks for sharing! Yes.The large jacuzzi, whirlpool style, Japanese-style bathtubs are...
- Laura D. says: I'm 70+ and really like to take baths. A conventional tub...
- Valerie Green says: I bought a walk in shower/bath with a door. A...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Hello! We are happy to learn you found the information beneficial.
Getting up after a Fall!