“My Toilet’s Too Low!” If you have been finding yourself struggling to ‘get off the pot‘, there are a number of things you can do to make this task easier. Following are ten remedies that can make it easier for you to get up from the toilet independently, ranging from simply adding equipment to your […]
What are Bath Bench Leg Extensions? Bath bench leg extensions (aka tub bench leg extenders) are a part that gets attached to the bottom of a bath seat’s legs to further increase the height. Adding leg extensions to a bath bench is typically easy and tool-free. They are available in different lengths and can add […]
We all treasure being able to perform our toileting routine independently. If a disability prevents you from gripping the toilet paper or reaching down to wipe yourself, it’s understandable that you’ll be anxiously seeking solutions to help regain these abilities. The good news is there are a number of great equipment options available today that […]
If you’re in the market for a new toilet and are wondering how to pick the right height for it, this guide will help you make a good choice for yourself and your household. In general, the goal is to select a toilet with a height that allows you to: easily sit down and stand […]
The reasons a person may have difficulty using the toilet can be many. Thankfully, inventors have come up with an abundance of great solutions to help with everything from getting on and off the toilet, to increased comfort while seated on the toilet, to assistance with hygiene after using the toilet. If you are seeking […]
What Is A Sliding Swivel Bath Seat? A sliding swivel bath seat consists of a stationary frame and a seat that moves. Most models have a seat that both slides and swivels. Some models have a seat that only slides or only swivels and are known respectively as sliding bath seats and swivel bath seats. […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Rhonda says: Hello! You may want to try calling your local Planning &...
- Sue Castle says: After a long time THINKING I had thought about the bath,...
- Mike. Risley says: I have MS and now cannot get upl on my own.
- Rhonda says: We are happy to hear you found the content beneficial. We...
- Nancy says: So grateful I found your site! I was planning to purchase...
Getting up after a Fall!