Does it make more financial sense to live at home or to move to an assisted living facility? For each person, the answer to this question will be different. The right answer for you will depend on many factors, including your personal abilities, the home’s architectural barriers, the size and condition of your home, and […]
A selection of careful, targeted investments in making your home ergonomic, user-friendly and prepared for ‘Aging in Place’ are arguably as important for your future independence as putting away money into retirement funds. According to a study performed by the AARP, the majority of people desire to age in their own homes, but unfortunately only […]
There is a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents. Each year nearly 20,000 deaths and 21 million medical visits are due to preventable injuries in the home. Recovering from […]
What is a Slide-in Bathtub? Slide-in tubs have high tub walls, a chair-height seat inside and a door in the sidewall. They are similar in many respects to Walk-in Tubs, however, there is one critical difference: The classic-style walk-in tubs have a high wall that block both sides of the seat, leaving users with only […]
There are a range of actions you can take to modify your home for safety and accessibility for years to come. Job One is usually making the environment safe to prevent falls or other accidents, as outlined in our article on Basic Safety Tips. Once basic safety steps have been implemented, further steps may need […]
Welcome to Homeability.com! Thank you for visiting this website. We look forward to helping you achieve a lifetime of independence – in your own home! Aging or living with a disability is by no means a walk in the park. A few lucky ones among us will live an entire life free of significant health […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability how to prevent falls I've fallen and I can't get up lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizen senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk in tub
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: Thank you very much for taking the time to share your...
- Karen Kelley says: Thanks for the Information on walk-in tubs. Your comments encouraged me...
- Milton K. Beer says: I have a walkin tub that was in the house when...
- Rhonda Bonecutter says: There are a few tubs available with standard-height tub walls, that...
- bill west says: Are there any walking tubs available with regular tub high walls,...
Getting up after a Fall!