The size and shape of the toilet bowl (and corresponding toilet seat) plays an important role not only in your comfort, but also in the usable clear floor space in the bathroom. the availability of accessory equipment. the availability of replacement parts. Below you will learn about typical toilet bowl sizes and shapes and why […]
What is a bidet? A bidet is a bathroom fixture used for cleansing the genitals and perineal area after using the toilet and for cleansing the genitals before and after sex. Evolution of Bidets The bidet has evolved over the years from being a standalone basin-like fixture that resided near the toilet, to being a […]
“My Toilet’s Too Low!” If you have been finding yourself struggling to ‘get off the pot‘, there are a number of things you can do to make this task easier. Following are ten remedies that can make it easier for you to get up from the toilet independently, ranging from simply adding equipment to your […]
What are Bath Bench Leg Extensions? Bath bench leg extensions (aka tub bench leg extenders) are designed to be attached to the bottom of each of the bath seat’s legs to further increase the bench’s seat height. The addition of leg extensions to a bath bench is typically easy and tool-free. The existing bottom segments […]
We all treasure being able to perform our toileting routine independently. If a disability prevents you from gripping the toilet paper or from reaching down to wipe yourself, the good news is there are a number of great equipment options available today that can help to make this task easier. 6 Helpful Toilet Hygiene Aids […]
If you’re in the market for a new toilet and are wondering how to pick the right height for it, this guide will help you make a good choice for yourself and your household. In general, the goal is to select a toilet with a height that allows you to: easily sit down and stand […]
- Buying A Walk-In Bathtub – Your Biggest Mistake? January 2014
- Getting In & Out of the Bathtub: Benches, Lifts, and Transfer Chairs December 2013
- Falls – Equipment to Help You Get Up Again December 2013
- Accessible Bathtubs: An Amazing Diversity! November 2013
- How to get up from the floor after a fall – MacGyver Style! February 2014
age-friendly home age at home aging-in-place barrier-free shower bath chair for disabled bath lift bathroom bath seat bath seat for disabled bath seat for elderly bath seat for handicap bath seat rotates bath seat slides bathtub bathtub chair bathtub for seniors bathtub lift curbless shower disabled elevated toilet seat fall injury fall prevention fall prevention tips fall recovery falls handicap handicap bathroom remodel handicap bathtub handicap shower homeability home ability lifts lighting live at home live at home forever make home safer for seniors Safety senior citizens seniors toilet pedestal toilet riser tub tub seat walk-in bathtub walk in tub
- Sheila says: We purchased a walk in tub in 2018. It cost us...
- Dr HOWARD J KIRSCHNER says: I AM A 84 YEAR OLD PRACTICING DENTIST AND I HAVE...
- Dorothy Lamb says: I live ina Mobile Home Park for Seniors.. I have neighbors...
- Bill Alvarado says: I am 73 and i live alone in San Francisco in...
- Sondra Maze Ladd says: Thank you so much for sharing this information! We have been...
Getting up after a Fall!